Tour and Safari Operators means persons conducting business from a base in Namibia by providing services for the planning and arranging of a combination of various tourist-related services as a cohesive programme for purchase directly from the operator or through a booking agent and includes services and facilities such as sightseeing tours, transport to tourist destinations, guides and meals, as well as the provision of accommodation to clients for the duration of a tour in facilities provided by the operator or in registered accommodation establishments.
The requirements for registration and the obligations to be complied with by registered operators are as prescribed in Annexe 9
1. For registration as a tour and safari operator, the operator of the business must provide services for the planning and arranging of a combination of various tourist-related services as a cohesive programme for purchase directly from the operator or through a booking agent and including services and facilities such as sight-seeing tour, transport to tourist destinations, guides and meals, as well as the provision by the operator of in registered accommodation establishments.
2. The operator’s business must be conducted from fixed premises and the operator must ensure that
- the inside and outside of all permanent buildings and structures and any grounds where clients are received or which are used by them or to which they have access. are kept in a clean and tidy condition and in good repair at all times; and
- at least one toilet is provided for clients.
3. Any tour offered must be provided under the guidance of a person with appropriate training or experience to assist and advise clients.
4. The operator or at least one employee of the operator must be in possession of a recognised first-aid certificate, and such person must accompany clients and be in attendance for the duration of a tour.
5. Adequate refreshments of good quality must be provided to clients during any journey along a route trough remote places where facilities for food and beverages are not available
5. If a tour includes outdoor camping, the following must be provided to clients
- accommodation in tents or other suitable structures, each of which must be provided with
- a camping bed for each person fitted with mattress or sleeping bag; and
- an appropriate means of lighting.
- a lockable container for the safekeeping of valuables of clients;
- suitable washing and cooking facilities;
- equipment and facilities reasonable required for the comfort and leisure of clients; and
- suitable toilet and sanitation facilities